Thursday, March 27, 2014

Decajour VIII: March 17-26

[Nota bene (added December, 2015):  The 'decajour' referred to below is a ten-day rhythm that I began to observe sometime in the 90s, and have used as a measure of creative time for the last 25 years.
          A seven-day workweek is from the five observable planets of antiquity + sun and moon days. If we are hold to that atavism in organizing our time, why not update it to include the three "new" heavenly companions ~Neptune/Ouranos/Pluto~ and designate their days?  
         My creative rhythm swings between intense and open, so out of 10 days I usually see 6 or 7 that are intense, 3 or 4 that are more open, expansive - adding up to a 'decajour.'   The previous 8 blog entries show my experimentation in 2014 with a layer of this decajour attention even as I continued to work in a conventional employment setting.
         Now I am a little freer to implement this rhythm more fully.  We'll see if the creative work is enlivened thereby. ]


3/17   Well, my d'jour aleatory (or Tychic) system may have expired - or withdrawn into some kind of twilight.    I jiggled the jar and pulled - only to realize that I had NO interest in working that project.  Pulled a second, and again: Nope. 

And in any case, the trip to Chicago may have reconfigured how I can work for a while.   I'll only have one and a quarter part-time jobs (workplace #1 is winding down; workplace #2 is still in its experimental stages) for the next few months, but there is so much chaos between the ebb of one and (ostensible) flow of the other that my writing time will be even more erratic.   

So this d'jour I am going to work on the two remaining projects, getting them in shape to submit for residency applications.  I need to be ready to step into αὐτoποίησις  this summer as both employment scenarios come rolling to a natural halt.  

3/18  Spent a rather amazing amount of time looking through residency lists yesterday.   I think I have rounded up the handful that may be interested.  Meanwhile,  the decision to trim the four projects to two is taking hold.  I may consign the other two to the post-publication pile (along with MGBB, the 13th Moon, HomOneiros and spin-offs... (or is that 'spins-off'?)).  At this point, I just want to be sure I can get at least ONE long essay and ONE book finished in 2014.  

I wrote to WU a few days ago, begging his indulgence with the slooooow pace of my reading the preface draft to his work.  He has been revising the work over the last three weeks - we are now in V.6.   I've only printed out three of them, and the latest version awaits my attention in pdf form.   In my flurry of excuses, I threw in that I have a hard time reading *deep* work in electronic media - what I call 'wet-text.'    It is true, mostly because I have spent the last 20 years yapping online: social frippery for the most part, and have trained myself to skim this 'wryting,' using that peculiar organ I call the eyr - not seeing without hearing/not hearing without seeing.   

Thinking perhaps I protested too much, I pulled out the PDF and *tried* to read it Saturday night.  I was 'not even wrong,' -- untwisting Dr. Pauli's famous exasperation.    It is that bad.  I need paper; I need to be able to touch the document, involve it with the rest of my posture.   "My intelligence, as well you know, is corporeal," I mumbled.   

Well, yes.   To underscore the point:  today I went to the gym, took the long-suffering document with me (Version 4, the last one I printed out), and propped it up as I bicycled and walked.   Funny thing, that.   As my heartrate went over 120, the writing 'became' more lucid, more finely argued.   Yeah. 

Looks like I might need to drag a treadmill into my office.   Seriously.  

No comments:

Post a Comment